Usama Mehmood | 02:27 |
Rooting Samsung Galaxy S is fairly easy, today we will tell you step by step instructions to root the Samsung Galaxy S. We’ve rooted our brand new Samsung Galaxy S Pakistan version (GT-I9000) using this method and it works great. Before we start please understand that standard disclaimers apply and we should not be held responsible if anything goes wrong with your Galaxy S. Rest assured it is very easy, the tutorial below can be used even by the beginners.
Rooting Samsung Galaxy S Tutorial
- Download the Update.zip file for rooting Galaxy S from the following location Download from Rapidshare | Filesize: 1.2 MB
Update: Root for Android 2.2 on Galaxy S is also out, download this Update.zip and follow the steps below.
- Select Mass Storage on your phone by going to Settings –> About phone –> USB Settings –> Mass Storage
- Connect your Galaxy S via bundled USB and turn on USB Storage by going to top sliding menu which has controls for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth etc and tap on USB connected
- Transfer Update.zip file downloaded in step 1 to the root folder of Galaxy S (for eg. D:\ ) where D is the Galaxy S drive.
- Now shut down your Galaxy S and unplug the USB cable
- Now Simultaneously press Home, Volume+(top volume) and Power button for a few seconds, the phone will boot itself into Android System Recovery mode and you will be presented with the following screen :
6. Use Volume button to navigate to apply sdcard: Update.zip and press Home button to select it and start the rooting procedure
7. Galaxy S will reboot
Congrats you’ve just rooted your Samsung Galaxy S successfully
You will have a icon named “Superuser permissions” on your Homescreen to manage root access permissions.Here is the screenshot of my Galaxy S running LauncherPro using ShootMe (requires root acess) screenshot app.
Let me know if you have any questions or concerns about the above tutorial.
Will rooting Galaxy S delete my data, apps etc?
No, it will not, infact your phone will not be affected in any way. Rooting just provides unlimited access to Android system files.
Can i Unroot my Galaxy S?
Yes, I will upload if needed.